5 Things to Know About Oil Changes
Oil Change Tips
As a vehicle’s engine design becomes more sophisticated, it becomes increasingly important to use the correct engine oil and to know when to get its oil changed. Engine oil is the lifeblood of an engine and it needs to be in good condition in order to deliver the protective qualities it’s designed for in order to keep an engine functioning properly. If you don’t know much about a vehicle’s engine oil, you’re in the right place. Keep reading to learn more about engine oil with these tips and five things you should know about oil changes, so you can keep your vehicle in top shape and ready for the road.
[You May Also Like: Synthetic Engine Oil Vs. Conventional Oil]
5 Things You Should Know About Oil Changes
- Oil Change Frequency. As engine oil gets old, it will need to be replaced with fresh new engine oil. Newer and fresher engine oil offers more protection to an engine than old oil as older engine oil degrades over time and gets dirty with harmful particles. To learn more about when and how often your vehicle’s engine oil should be replaced, please see its owner’s manual.
- When to Check Your Engine Oil. Most automotive service experts recommend that you check your vehicle’s engine oil at least once every month to view its current level.
- When to Get an Oil Change. If your engine oil is low when you check it, your vehicle needs to get an oil change. To determine how often your vehicle’s engine oil needs to be changed, please visit your owner’s manual for the answer.
- What Type of Engine Oil To Use. The type of engine oil a vehicle can vary greatly, so be sure to check your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the information as it will tell you what type of engine oil should be used when getting an oil change.
- Is Synthetic Engine Oil Required? Synthetic engine oil offers many benefits, but not all vehicles require its use. To know for sure if your vehicle can and should use synthetic oil, visit the vehicle’s owner’s manual for the answer.
If you have any further questions regarding oil changes, please contact an experienced and knowledgeable automotive service technician at Parkway Nissan, today. You may also schedule an oil change at a time that is convenient for you by contacting the service department at Parkway Nissan.
[Schedule Oil Change Service]